The first and the most important thing to do:
- Disable system protection on all drives, and after that i advise you to backup manually.
— Win+pause break (right click My Computer → properties) → Advanced System Settings → System Protection then turn off System protection on all drives (it will boost your Windows 7 experience dramatically
- Disable unnecessary services.
— Type in Run → services.msc, read the descriptions and disable services that you won’t be using for 100%.
Some of my personal disabled services are:
- Offline Files;
- Security Center;
- Windows Search;
- Windows Backup;
- Table PC Input Service;
- Windows Media Center services;
- Windows Error Reporting Service;
- Windows Update (after installing all updates at a time);